VIII. Put the sentences above into interrogative.
Example:1.I wear suits every day. – Doyou wear suits every day?
2. My friend wears jeans. – Does your friend wear jeans?
IX. Find the odd (лишнее) word:
1. shirt, trousers, shoes, uniform, tie, socks, jacket, trainers, belt.
2. handbag, umbrella, earrings,bracelet, belt, ring, boots.
3. trainers, boots, sandals, T-shirt, tennis-shoes, wellingtons.
4. trendy, handsome, beautiful, possible, fashoinable, smart, elegant.
X. Find the endings for children poems:
1. Ткани куплен мне отрез: 5. Надеть сегодня я решусь
Буду шить для куклы … На каблуках высоких …
2. Я сапожника прошу 6. Первоклашкам всем сошьем
Починить мне сбитый … Мы для школы …
3.Пусть скорее мне сошьют 7. Бегал с другом я по улице стремглав
Для концерта новый … И с руки одной посеял где-то …
4. Рубашки свои ты в шкафу посчитай 8. Целый день мне мама шьет
К каждой рубашке быть должен свой … Как у папы в клетку …
XI. Complete the sentences using the phrases below:
Example:I don’t like if people wear sporty clothes to the theatre.
1.I like it when people wear … .2. I hate it when people wear … .3. It’s silly to wear … .4. I don’t care if people wear … .5. I don’t mind if people wear … .6. I think it’s bad taste to wear … . 7. I think it’s good taste to wear … .
very expensive clothes; casual clothes; too many accessories; wrong clothes in the wrong place; formal clothes; brand clothes; military uniform
XII.Say what clothes you wear or don’t wear according to the models A and B:
Model A:I wear jackets but I don’t wear sweaters.
1. I wear jeans but I … .2. All my groupmates wear … but they … .3. Some students wear … but some of them … .4. My mum and I wear … but we … . 5. Some children wear … but some … .6. You always wear … but you … .7. I use gloves in winter but I … .8. I dress … but I … .9. Girls dress … but they … .10. Boys wear … but they … .11.You look smart in dresses but you … .12. My friends feel comfortable in jeans but they … .13. Bright colours match your hair but dark ones … .14. Light shorts match your T-shirt but dark ones … .15. The dresses fit you but the skirts … .
Model B:She wears jackets but she doesn’t wear sweaters.
1. My girl-friend wears skirts but she … .2. Ann’s mum wears high heels but she … 3. John’s dad wears trainers but he … 4. Granny feels comfortable in sandals but she … 5. She uses glasses but she … .6. My dad puts an evening dress on to his concert but he … .7. Jack dresses a sport suit to his training but he … .8. The belt matches his shirt but the tie … .9. Helen wears rings but she … .10. The bracelet fits your wrist but the watch … .11. She looks fashionable in wellingtons but she … .12. The pull-over suits you but the cardigan … .13. My boy-friend likes hoodies but he … .14. The skin belt suits the skirt but the metal one … .15. Bill looks trendy but Jack … .
XIII. Study the examples of asking questions of different types (general, alternative, special and disjunctive) :
1. The students of Cambridge wearuniforms.
a) general question: Do the students of Cambridge wear uniforms?
b) alternative questions: Do the students or the teachers of Cambridge wear uniforms?
Do the students of Cambridge or Oxford wear uniforms?
Dothe students of Cambridge wear or not uniforms?
Do the students of Cambridge wear uniforms or casual clothes?
c) special questions: Who wears unifoms? (вопрос – исключение)
What students wear uniforms?
What do the sudents of Cambridge do?
What do the students of Cambridge wear?
Where dothe students of Cambridge wear uniforms?
Why do the students of Cambridge wear uniforms?
d) disjunctive questions: The students of Cambridge wear uniforms,don’t they?
The students of Cambridge don’twear uniforms, do they?
2. My mum looks young.
a) general question: Does your mum look young?
b) alternative questions: Does your or Ann’s mum look young?
Doesyour mum or dad look young?
Does your mum look young or old?
c) special questions: Who looks young? (вопрос – исключение)
Whose mum looks young?
How does your mum look?
Why does your mum look young?
d)disjunctive questions: Your mum looks young, doesn’t she?
Your mum doesn’tlook young, does she?
XIV. Ask questions of different types to the following sentences:
1. The girls feel comfortable in trainers
2. This blue T-shirt matches the jeans.
XV. Make up a mini-dialogue (in Present Simple Tense) trying to use different types of questions. Use the following expressions in dialoque 1: to wear T- shirts and shorts
to feel comfortable in them
dialogue 2: to prefer smth. to smth.
to look smart in it
dialoque 3: to suit smb.
to match smth.
Example: - to use gloves
- You always use gloves when it is cold, don’t you? (disjunctive question)
- Sure! Do you use them? (general question)
- I do. What colour of gloves do you like? (special question)
- Brown. Do you prefer dark or light colours? (alternative question)
- Dark. They are more practical.
XVI. Work in a group of three according to the models A and B:
Model A:St.1 — I wearjeans every day.
St. 2- - Do you wear jeans every day?
St. 3 - Yes, I do. I wear jeans every day. (No, I don’t wear jeans every day).
- I wear a T-Shirt and shorts in summer.
- I use sunglasses when it’s sunny.
- I dress a raincoat when it’s rainy.
- I wear a jacket in autumn.
- I prefer trainers to shoes.
- I wear a sweater in winter.
- I prefer a skirt and a blouse.
- I look cool in jeans.
- I prefer bright colours to dark ones.
- I like suits.
Model B:St.1- My sister wearsa school uniform.
St. 2- Doesyour sister weara school uniform?
St. 3- Yes, she does. She wears a school uniform. (No, she doesn’t wear a school uniform)
1. My friend buys stylish clothes.
2. My mum puts a furcoat on when it’s cold.
3. My dad feels comfortable in training trousers.
4. My brother prefers Reebok trainers.
5. My groupmate wears torn jeans.
6. My friend likes denim jackets.
7. My granny prefers warm boots in winter.
8. My mum prefers low heels to high heels.
9. My teacher wears elegant suits.
10. My girl-friend looks smart in dresses.
XVII. You have a bad ear. Work in pairs asking special questions according to the models A and B:
Model A: - I wear jeans at college. Model B: - My sister wears jeans at college.
- Where do you wear jeans? - Where does she wear jeans?
- At college. - At college.
1. I wear slippers at home.2. My sister wears gym shoes in the gym hall.3. People try clothes on in department stores.4. I wear rubber boots in the forest.5. He buys shoes in a Reebok shop.6. Theatre-goers wear evening dresses in a theatre.7. Runners wear jogging-shoes in a stadium.8. My aunt feels relaxed in an arm-chair.9. Policemen wear service-caps in the streets.10. Granny looks happy in her garden.
XVIII. What do you wear (don’t wear) for your study? Arrange the sentences:
| My best friend
| Most of my girl-friends
|| don't wear
| Most of my boy-friends
|| doesn't wear
| Few of us
XIX. Say what clothes you (your friend) wear (wears) — always, usually, often, sometimes, seldom, never. Use the exercise above:
Model:I never wear ties.My friend sometimeswears them.
XX. What do you think of a school uniform? Work in pairs asking questions to each other:
1. Do you wear a uniform in the college? Would you like to wear it?
2. Did you wear it at school?
3. Do you always know what clothes to put on to school?
4. Does this problem worry you?
5. Do you think Russian students wore uniforms centuries ago?
6. Do Russian students wear uniforms nowadays?
7. What country was the first to introduce uniforms?
8. The students of Oxford and Cambridge wear uniforms, don’t they?
9. In what Irkutsk school or college do the students wear uniforms?
10. Do our college students dress casually (повседневно, неофициально)?
XXI. Read the dialogue and dramatise it:
Angela: Hi! This stylish jacket fits you so much!
Carol: Hi! It’s our college uniform. Do you see this logo on the lapel?
Angela: It’s cool! Our students don’t agree to have any dress code. The say it will destroy (разрушит) the wonderful atmosphere of our college. They believe it suppresses (подавляет) individuality.
Carol: Does it? We don’t support this idea. In our college there are no rules for jackets, trousers and shoes, and we wear jeans.We only avoid (избегаем) brand names and use plain (простые) colours. I feel comfortable and confident in the uniform.
Angela: And I guess your mum doesn’t worry about what clothes to buy for you for study, does she?
Carol: Sure! There is much opportunity to show that you have something more to you than just your clothes.